WOMEN VETERANS COALITION MISSION STATEMENT OF FEBRUARY 2012
1. Support continued development of quality, evidence-based womens’ healthcare in VA hospitals and clinics that are characterized by the following:
Dedicated, experienced staff skilled in providing womens’
2. Network with veterans, other organizations and the media to provide advocacy and outreach to women veterans to ensure that they are enrolled in the VA’s healthcare system and are fully informed about the types and quality of care available.
3. Communicate concerns with the VA’s leadership and, if necessary, the legislature for sustained support of women-focused expansive healthcare services (and/or resources) in the VA’s hospitals and community-based outpatient clinics based upon the rapidly increasing number of women veterans.
- Maria Martinez, Major USMC (Retired) whom we’ve selected as leader.
Note 1: Maria has given permission to use her contact info on website (H) 895-7971.
- Vicki Marsh, Colonel USMC (Retired), (H) 257-4353
- Edie Jessup, Army nurse & veteran, retired VA nurse & former Director of Women’s Healthcare Clinic and serves as special advisor for medical matters. (H) 210 260-3450.
Note 2: We near Kerrville except Edie who lives in Medina. Please note Maria works full time, so during daytime please contact Vicki. If Vicki is not available, then call Edie as last resort.